Electra-Middle Bar Run
- Highway 49 to Electra Road, just north of the river. Drive carefully along Electra Road, which is one lane in places. See map
- You can park in many places along the road or in the parking lots a few miles upstream near the beach. Please do not pull down onto the river bank and flood plain.
- Big Bar River Launch. Boating put-in and takeout, river access, parking just west of the Highway 49 bridge on the Calaveras side of the river.
- Please use legal access. Do not cross private property to access the river.
- Information on legal access to California rivers.
- Information on the history of river ownership, the legal basis for river access.
- Access to the lowest end of the whitewater run, Middle Bar Bridge, is from Middle Bar Road off Highway 49 or Paloma and Gwin Mine roads from Calaveras, off Highway 26. See map.
View our Middle Bar and Electra photo gallery