Saturday, June 29
Karmere Vineyards & Winery, Shenandoah Valley
Due to the rains, the annual dinner honoring Susan Bragstad, one of our founding members and a well-respected community leader was rescheduled for June 29, 4:00 p.m. -7:00 p.m. at Karmère Vineyards & Winery in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. We are sorry for the change in plans. A refund will be given to those who purchased tickets but cannot attend on the new date. Please contact our office.
Susan Bragstad is a founding member and director of the Conservancy, the Mother Lode (formerly Amador) Land Trust, Farms of Amador and the Amador Farmers Markets. She earned an art degree from Trinity University and a bachelor of architecture degree from U.C. Berkeley. In the course of her architecture career, she helped design Ghirardelli Square, saved many historic Victorian homes in San Francisco, and won four Sunset Western Home Awards. After retiring from architecture, Susan founded Amador Olive Oil, Amador County’s first modern olive oil producer, which she continues to operate today.
Susan moved to Amador County in 1983 and quickly became engaged in our community. She is the vice-mayor of Amador City and previously served four years as mayor. In addition to serving on the boards of nonprofit organizations she helped found, Susan serves on the board of the Amador Regional Sanitation Authority and Kennedy Mine Foundation.
The delectable food will be catered by Taste Restaurant and Wine Bar. Music to be announced. Cash wine bar.
Fabulous raffle and auction prizes, including:
- Paella field lunch and ranch tour for 25 people at PT Ranch
- Guided raft trip for four on the Mokelumne River with Mokelumne advocates Pete Bell and Katherine Evatt
- A three-day stay in a Tahoe-area home
- Gift certificates for Taste and the Volcano Union Inn
- Fine wines
- Farm-to-table picnic for eight at Upcountry Farms
- Art objects, oil changes, and many other prizes!
Many thanks for our event sponsors (as of May 9):
- PT Ranch, Ione
- The Feed Barn, Martell
- East Bay Municipal Utility District
- Village Real Estate: Sara Allen and Denise Schank
- Lynn Morgan and Pat Minyard
- Richard Taylor and Tracy Grubbs
- California Wildlife Foundation/California Oaks
For more information, e-mail Carolyn or call her at 209-223-3508.